I found this idea on Pinterest! Right away I went to Home Depot to buy the materials. The whole project was $10.
- 1 – 5.5″ cedar fence picket – $3
- 1- 7/8 x 3 x 8 cedar board –$4 (The tutorial I used, recommends using a 1 x 4 x 8- but I could not find one at Home Depot)
- Metal Address Numbers – Already had some. I used the ones from our old sign.
- Plants – $3 – I used faux succulents from World Market
- Spray Stain– I had a can in the garage leftover from another project. Minwax 31320 Pecan Satin Stain and Polyurethane
You can read the whole tutorial here from the Shanty-2-Chic Blog.
The only major difference was the way I attached the boards. I used shims to hold the boards together and then fastened with short screws. The tutorial recommends pocket holes- but we did not have that jig. I also had to adjust a few measurements for the planter box because the board I bought was a little smaller.