Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 pre-made pie crusts (You can also use Pillsbury crescent rolls or biscuits if making in a muffin pan)
- 1 can- 10 oz -cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cut up chicken breasts – cooked (Rotisserie chicken also works well)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ts Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbs shredded cheese – for top crust
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 5-8 cut up small red potatoes (or potatoes of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup – frozen vegetable
Oven: 375 Degree
Yield: 1 pot pie – 4-6 Servings
- Thaw pie crust according to the directions on the box. This step is important, if the dough is too cold it will crumble, if it is too warm it will melt and you will need to reshape.
- Spray your pie dish with cooking spray. Place one pie pastry in the bottom and trim excess crust. Set aside.
- Cook chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cut or shred chicken. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes until almost tender. Cup up. Set aside.
- Place frozen vegetables and a little bit of water in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain excess water.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the cut up chicken, cream of chicken soup, ½ cup shredded cheese, potatoes and vegetables until well combined.
- Add mixture to the pie pan from step 2.
- Take the second pie crust and sprinkle the Italian season and 1 Tbs shredded cheese. Use a rolling pin to push the cheese and seasonings into the pie crust.
- Place the second pie crust on the pie and pinch edges. Cut slits on top.
- Cook for 45-1 hour or until heated thoroughly.
- If you don’t have pie crust or pie pan, this recipe can easily be adapted to serve in a cupcake pan with Pillsbury crescent rolls or biscuits. No major adjustments needed.
- Rotisserie chicken also works well.